Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

what are the meaning of intel_gpu_top information when encoding by qsv

wang_x_
Beginner

Hello!

I use qsv to encoder 8 video streams ( mpegts udp --> h264 rtmp,  720P), and watch gpu usage by intel_gpu_top.  because we use msdk 1024 in our encoder product, so I can't use metrics_monitor in product. I googled but not found the meaning of intel_gpu_top output.  

What are the meaning of  intel_gpu_top information: render, bitsteam, GAM, TSG, VFE, TDG?   Thanks very much !

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

To understand the “Intel_GPU_top”  tool and these acronyms, I suggest to take a look at Intel Open source website. here: https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation/driver-documentation-prms/2014-2015-intel-processors-based-broadwell-platform

You can read Volume 1: Preface first which includes main terminology table, and try search the acronyms in all documents.

For example:

Extended Math Unit(EMU)

Thanks,

0 Kudos
wang_x_
Beginner

I have only found VFE(video front end).  However, thanks very much.

0 Kudos