Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

what is the hardware requirement for hw hevc encoding

walker_y_
Beginner

hello all, I wonder if there is a list of hardware requirement for hw hevc encoding, I want to know details about this, please, any help will be highly appreciated, thanks a lot

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Walker,

For hardware HEVC encoding you need an Intel 6th Generation Core processor with Intel HD Graphics, or Iris/Iris Pro graphics GPUs.

You can check ark.intel.com for more details.  For example see the Core i7 processors here: http://ark.intel.com/products/family/88392/6th-Generation-Intel-Core-i7-Processors#@All

Processor graphics GPU details are in the far right column.  Any 6th Generation Core processor with a processor graphics GPU will work, but performance will improve with GPU level.  HD graphics="good", Iris="better", "Iris Pro"=best.

Please let us know if you need any more info.

Thanks, Jeff 

0 Kudos