Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

what kind of color format

china_y_
Beginner

i was confused . because  i  am not sure what kind of color format does  the intel media sdk support .

dose  it only support nv12?

but the sample use yv12

i need you advice

thank you advanced  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Limitations are generally a function of the implementation and the graphics hardware currently supported operates nativity with NV12.  The software implementation of MediaSDK is implemented with YV12.  Also note that the actual API is planer YUV 4:2:0 format with 3 pointers to Y, U and V plane respectively and this can be used as either YV12 or as IYUV depending on how the application relates the 3 planes in a single object.  The file reader/writer used in the samples is all part of the same sample application code, and not actually part of the Media SDK itself.

0 Kudos