Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

A question about SG-DMA in simple socket server example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I run simple socket server example on DE2-115 board. I can't fine the code to initial and use the sgdma(Scatter-Gather DMA) and tse_mac(Triple-Speed Ethernet MegaCore), such as alt_avalon_sgdma_do_sync_transfer() function.Could you help me?Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you use the uCOS operating system and the Interniche TCP/IP stack, like in the simple socket server example, then you don't need to worry about the sgdma transfers. Those are done by the IP stack. Just use the standard sockets API.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The source code is located with the altera ip in the altera installation. The easiest way to locate the relevant code snippets is to use a search engine and look for function names.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If you use the uCOS operating system and the Interniche TCP/IP stack, like in the simple socket server example, then you don't need to worry about the sgdma transfers. Those are done by the IP stack. Just use the standard sockets API. 

--- Quote End ---  

thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The source code is located with the altera ip in the altera installation. The easiest way to locate the relevant code snippets is to use a search engine and look for function names. 

--- Quote End ---  

thank you very much!
0 Kudos