Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

ACP port under Linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Is there any trick to using the ACP port from FPGA under Linux (3.9)? I'm setting the f2h AR & AW CACHE/PROT/USER by hand, post-qsys, but don't see any indication that the SCU cares at all about the address I send on f2h_axi_slave and reads go to SDRAM instead of L1 or L2 cache. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, do you know a way to allocate 64MB of contiguous RAM to a device driver on Linux? I was using the alloc_pages but it only allowed me to allocate 4MB. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

When using the SGDMA to test the ACP port, and also the SDRAM controller, what is the maximum frequency you could use in order to get the SGDMA system working? You said in a previous post that you used 150 MHz, is is possible to use something greater than that? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, do you know a way to allocate 64MB of contiguous RAM to a device driver on Linux? I was using the alloc_pages but it only allowed me to allocate 4MB. 

Thanks. 

--- Quote End ---  

You can reserve a block of memory using the device tree: 

https://www.kernel.org/doc/documentation/devicetree/bindings/reserved-memory/reserved-memory.txt
0 Kudos