Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

ARM Compiler 5 tool is not included in the latest ds-5 eclipse

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have just download the latest ds-5 and notice the tool chain of the Arm compiler 5 is not in, how can I enable this tool chain back in the picture? I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall again.... the tool still not there...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You just download from the web? from arm or from SOCEDS? what edition of ds-5 from your installation currently?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For your information only the Altera edition that come with the tool chain you are looking for.. you will not get this tool chain if you download the community edition.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi do check this information out..! 

"http://ds.arm.com/ds-5/compare-ds-5-editions/"
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

always use the soceds installer to get the latest ds-5 that locate in teh Altera website., this is the better way than just download separately from other page.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Some times we might need to beware when download some tools which is not from point directly by Altera, as this DS-5 is not supporting only for Altera product and it cover so much product line.. there fore, those guide and tutorial that just mention for DS-5 maybe 100% compatible for Altera products.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

finally got this working after install the version of DS-5 is for Altera. !

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good LUCK !

0 Kudos