Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12452 Discussions

Accessing memory sections from software.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there a way to access the beginning and end of the memory sections from within the software? For example, I need to know where the .text section begins and ends so that I can calculate a checksum but I don't want to hardcode it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am not sure if you are looking for this but please take a look into .objdump file generated in the software folder (same directory with .elf file).
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Right, I'm aware of the .objdump file. What I'm wanting is something that will give me the beginning/end addresses of sections while I'm still working on the code. Until I'm finished coding and testing, I really don't want to hardcode it and change it every time I add or take away code.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I see. I am not aware of such feature available.