Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12367 Discussions

Add python-numpy to Yocto build

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I am using an Altera Cyclone V SoC dev board playing with OpenCL for the FPGA. I running my Yocto builds with CentOS 6.3 inside VirtualBox. 

I have followed the instructions on rocketboards (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/alterasocdevelopmentboardyoctogettingstarted) and succesfully build an image that boots and runs on the board no problem; but now I want to modify the build. I would like to have python-numpy and OpenCL on the board but I am having trouble figuring out the correct packages and recipes and where to put the files.  

Any help getting numpy and OpenCL on my board is greatly appreciated :) 

p.s. I also noted that the serial console from prebuilt SD card image ran at 115200 baud and the image I built ran at 57600... not sure where to put the SERIAL_CONSOLES variable to change that either.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Update, 

I have numpy running on my Cyclone V board, I followed this tutorial (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/yoctodorabuildwithmetaaltera)that uses a newer version of Yocto. Just add the following to your conf/local.conf file (NOTE: the leading space is necessary, add a space as a delimiter between additional packages). IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python-numpy" Also note that the python modules are not split up the same way as the standard python libraries, if you are looking for specific modules check your tmp/work/<arch>/python/<version>/packages-split/ directory which shows how everything is split up. Simply include the module package you want the same way as I did with numpy above.  

Still working on getting OpenCL also running on the board.