Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Adding LCD In SOPC builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello There, 

How do i give the address range and base address to character LCD (added in SOPC Builder). 

i have added the Character LCD using SOPC builder in my system but don't know about address range and base address. 

please guide me in this section. 

k
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Use automatic base address assignment.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The address range is determined by the width of the address signal of the slave port of the component. The base address is up to you to determine. You can autoassign it or manually give it one. I assume you are writing Nios II application code around this so be sure to include the driver in order to talk to it. The driver uses a file called "system.h" in your BSP project to find out where the LCD lives in your address map. So at the end of the day it doesn't matter where you place the base address of the LCD if you use the software support files correctly they'll match up the address correctly for you. I recommend taking a look at the "board_diag" software example to learn more since it uses the character LCD too.

0 Kudos