Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12434 Discussions

Adding to the root filesystem of the GSRD

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've got the Cyclone V Soc Development Kit. Now that I got the hang of the GSRD I wanted to add another program to the GSRD root filesystem and just update the root filesystem on the uSD card.  

I've done the following: 

1. yocto/meta-altera directory -- modifed the Makefile -- "make -C jpehello $(CROSS_COMPILE) 

2. yocto/meta-altera/gsrd-altera directory -- added a new directory "jpe" 

3. yocto/meta-altera/grsd-altera/jpe --- added the jpehello.c and Makefile (like the "hello" directory) 

4. yocto directory -- gsrd-altera_1.0.bb -- added  

SRC_URI += "file://jpe/jpehello.c" 

SRC_URI += "file://jpe/Makefile" 

install -m 0755 jpejpehello ${D}/home/root/altera/jpehello 

I thought that was all I should need to do but when I do: 

# ] source ~/yocto/altera-init ~/yocto/build2# ] bitbake altera-gsrd-image 

I GET THE FOLLOWING: BASICALLY IT DOES NOT find the file because it DOES NOT do the Entering directory '/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/..../jpe' 

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I'VE MISSED?? 

| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gsrd-altera-1.0-r0/scroll_client' 

| make -C hello 

| make[1]: Entering directory `/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gsrd-altera-1.0-r0/hello' 

| arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/sysroots/socfpga_cyclone5 -g -O0 -Werror -Wall -c hello.c -o hello.o 

| arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/sysroots/socfpga_cyclone5 -g -O0 -Werror -Wall hello.o -o hello -L/opt/altera-linux/linaro/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.7-2012.11-20121123_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/altera-linux/linaro/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.7-2012.11-20121123_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu 

| arm-linux-gnueabihf-nm hello > hello.map 

| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gsrd-altera-1.0-r0/hello' 

| make -C jpehello 

| make: *** jpehello: No such file or directory. Stop. 

| make: *** [all] Error 2 

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed 

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (see /home/user1/yocto/build2/tmp/work/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gsrd-altera-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_compile.12391 for further information) 

ERROR: Task 709 (/home/user1/yocto/meta-altera/recipes-gsrd/gsrd-altera/gsrd-altera_1.0.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1' 

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1299 tasks of which 1290 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed. 

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish: 

Summary: 1 task failed: 

/home/user1/yocto/meta-altera/recipes-gsrd/gsrd-altera/gsrd-altera_1.0.bb, do_compile 

Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown. 

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code. 

[user1@localhost build2]$  

Thanks in Advance
0 Kudos
0 Replies