Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12408 Discussions

Altera Avalon I2C Master Core API Timeout

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I am using the API with the Altera Avalon I2C Master core in non-interrupt mode. It works fine except when I try to access a device that is not currently on the I2C bus. Even though the driver code appears to have timeouts coded, it takes over an hour to timeout with a 100 MHz NIOS processor. Has anyone found and solved this problem? 

Thanks, 

Ron
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GHoge
Beginner

Looks like just poorly written code. You can modify the altera_avalon_i2c.c file yourself and streamline some of the wait states and wait times. But that becomes a configuration control nightmare for me. Were you ever able to resolve this any other way?

MRezn
Beginner

altera/intel soft/hard i2c ipcore (even in silicon) hangs of any noise and I think you can hardly repair it

use your own soft controller