Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Altera Avalon MM Read Master Template: max transfer length of 20 bytes?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I have sucessfully integrated the Altera Avalon MM Read Master template. However, this only works properly up to the length of 20. (word size is 32 bit) 

When I define the transfer length to be 24, i.e. 6 words, then there are only 5 dataavailable assertions with 5 buffered data. What I find interesting is, that the signal early_done does get asserted, meaning the last read is actually posted, but the signal done is never asserted, so somehow the result cannot be returned. 

I already used a FIFO of size 64, so should be big enough I think. 

Is this a known issue? Or anyone an idea what the problem could be? 

Best regards, 

Jimmy
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, it will be faster to write Avalon MM Read Master by yourself than try debugging these templates. There are 3 parts here: send read addresses, react on waitrequest and collect incoming data on the bus.