Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Altera EMAC Hwlib for Cyclone V SOC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I need to use Cyclone V HPS's EMAC interface without using linux OS. 

However, although the "alt_emac.h" is included in the Hardware Library for Cyclone V, I could find any source file relating to EMAC. 

Could you please help me regarding this problem? 

thanks,
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Bummer... I couldn't find any examples for this as well. Can you file a Service Request to Altera and share the outcome here?

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

To get the required resources please search for ALTERA hardware library "HWLIB".Altera offers a package of drivers to create your own bare metal application on the FPGA and/or HPS. Here are some resources:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/rtos_tools.h...

https://github.com/cambridgehackers/Altera-SoCFPGA-HardwareLib-MPL/blob/master/README.txt

Please let me know if these were helpful.

corestar
New Contributor I

I have a similar question for Quartus 18.0 on Cyclone V SoC. I'm used to Xilinx Zynq which has a large API of functions in the BSP to do things such as XEmacPs_CfgInitialize to initialize and EMAC, XEmacPs_SetMacAddress, and XEmacPs_SetHandler to set interrupt handlers etc. Is there nothing similar in Altera???? I followed the links above and found nothing at all.

JDelR1
Beginner

Same here, looking for an example to run ethernet with an RTOS using Cyclone V SOC hope they answer someday.