Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Altera_NIOSII_stratixII_2S60ES board's CF/Linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I just got my ALtera's StratixII_2S60ES kit (with NIOSII Version1.01 CDROM). In the NIOS IDE window, there's some board diagnostic sample programs that test various hardware; but no test for the 32MBytes CF card on the connector. I would like to run some test example on this CFcard and also try building LinuxV1.2 (which has external CF filesystem) 

-However the downloaded LinuxV1.2 zip file from this forum has "Linux_time_limited.sof" for 

Cyclone,1S10ES,1S40 ONLY, not for 2S60ES. How and where can I get a hold of this .sof for 2S60ES? (then if this .sof exists, then in the "Linux menuconfig" utility , will there be a new "Platform" for ALtera StratixII board Support, or I can use the existing "ALtera Stratix board support"?) 

-Another way to test the CFcard is (I think) to download the "CF component" from this forum; 

which .sof to use with this component? (is the linux_time_limited.sof required or it's OK to use the Altera full_featured.sof) ; is this" CFcomponent" ready to use (ie compilable and run) or one has to modify it or call its functions from existing programs to access the CF) 

Thanks a lot for your help 

Niosfan
0 Kudos
0 Replies