Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

Altera-SoCFPGA-HardwareLib-FPGA-CV-GNU example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. 

I am engaged in software development for the ARM core board Cyclone V SoC Development Kit. I am interested in an example of Altera-SoCFPGA-HardwareLib-FPGA-CV-GNU, which loads firmware FPGA from DMA and launches baremetall application on ARM (FPGA toogle LEDs). This project is built using Makefile. In turn, we have made the project among DS-5, setting all options for the assembly of the Makefile, and copying everything you need to build the source code into a single folder. In the original example declares two external variables: 

extern char _binary_soc_system_dc_rbf_start; 

extern char _binary_soc_system_dc_rbf_end; 

they point to the compressed firmware file for FPGA soc_system_dc.rbf. But this advertisement, we never found ourselves variables _binary_soc_system_dc_rbf_start and _binary_soc_system_dc_rbf_end. The original example is compiled and in debug mode works well. Can you clarify how these variables can be properly used in our project. Thank you. 

My project: http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11969&stc=1
0 Kudos
0 Replies