Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Altera-SoCFPGA-HardwareLib-FPGA-CV-GNU example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. 

I am engaged in software development for the ARM core board Cyclone V SoC Development Kit. I am interested in an example of Altera-SoCFPGA-HardwareLib-FPGA-CV-GNU, which loads firmware FPGA from DMA and launches baremetall application on ARM (FPGA toogle LEDs). This project is built using Makefile. In turn, we have made the project among DS-5, setting all options for the assembly of the Makefile, and copying everything you need to build the source code into a single folder. In the original example declares two external variables: 

extern char _binary_soc_system_dc_rbf_start; 

extern char _binary_soc_system_dc_rbf_end; 

they point to the compressed firmware file for FPGA soc_system_dc.rbf. But this advertisement, we never found ourselves variables _binary_soc_system_dc_rbf_start and _binary_soc_system_dc_rbf_end. The original example is compiled and in debug mode works well. Can you clarify how these variables can be properly used in our project. Thank you. 

My project: http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11969&stc=1
0 Kudos
0 Replies