Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Altera rozipfs in SRAM partition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

has anyone attempted and succeeded in using rozipfs with memory base and offset located in SRAM? 

In my case it doesn't work. 

I have done the following: 

- created partition in SRAM (last MB defined as distinct memory region) 

- copied the 2 zipfs sectors from flash into SRAM at boot time 

- configured BSP to use SRAM base and the known MB offset 

In my application afterwards I am using the same fopen(/mnt/zipfs/filename, 'r') call. 

Thankful for any hints..
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

"The problem" is that the filesystem image needs to be present in the SRAM before the filesystem initializes itself. 

Possibly better ways to accomplish it, but I ended up invoking ALTERA_RO_ZIPFS_INIT() myself after the contents had been copied into SRAM. 

e.g. 

#include "altera_ro_zipfs.h" # include "system.h" ... ... main() { ... memcpy(); ALTERA_RO_ZIPFS_INIT( ALTERA_RO_ZIPFS, altera_ro_zipfs ); ... fh = fopen(); ... }
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually I am copying the contents in the booloader, so before the application is even loaded...  

but since it worked in your case, the good news for me is there is no limitation to flash devices, so if I do everything right it should work... :-)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I got it working, my copy routine had a too small data type for the address counter and overflowed.  

Thanks!
0 Kudos