Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

Altium Nanoboard 3000 with Quartus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does anybody know whether Altium Nanoboard 3000 (Altera edition) can be used with Quartus? The board seems to be good value for money but I am afraid to get stuck with using Altium Designer. Twice I have asked the question via email to Altium Support, but they do not seem to want to answer my email. 

Thanks. 

Pratip
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think your problem is going to be with the JTAG drivers. I'm pretty sure the Altium Nanoboard will not be seen by the Quartus programmer. So you could compile an image in Quartus and then manually download to the nanoboard using Altium but all your soft instruments would not work. 

Technically feasible I believe but a PITA in practice.  

I think the old Nanoboard 2000 gave you a direct JTAG port out the side or bottom that you might be able to build an adapter for a Byte Blaster. 

My current board design is a derivative of the Nanoboard 2000 and it has worked but not without a few headaches. 

David
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Looking at the Nanoboard 3000's schematics 

wiki.altium.com/display/ADOH/NanoBoard+3000+Series 

it has two FPGA's. One for the host (performing USB to JTAG conversion) and one for the main FPGA (your play thing). It seems trivial to simply download a new bitstream into the host FPGA that bridges (buffers) the JTAG pins of the main FPGA to some spare IO on the ATE edge connector and then connect up quartus as per usual. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Does anybody know whether Altium Nanoboard 3000 (Altera edition) can be used with Quartus? The board seems to be good value for money but I am afraid to get stuck with using Altium Designer. Twice I have asked the question via email to Altium Support, but they do not seem to want to answer my email. 

Thanks. 

Pratip 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! Can anybody help me with this board? I have problem with enabling VGA and SD card... :( 

On the net there are not many forums and help with this board... :(
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Altium have a forum. They should have a nanoboard 3000 section to ask such questions. Its at; 

http://forum.live.altium.com/ 

Hope this helps. 

Steve 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi! Can anybody help me with this board? I have problem with enabling VGA and SD card... :( 

On the net there are not many forums and help with this board... :( 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I know about that forum but the problem is registration... I cant register... i have tried couple of times and nothing...

0 Kudos