Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

An error occurred while executing the "make" command in order to create preloader file

AWan01
Partner

I'm trying to compile a new preloader file using SOC EDS 15.0 on win10, but an error occurred while executing the "make" command.

tar zxf /cygdrive/c/altera/15.0/embedded/host_tools/altera/preloader/uboot-socfpga.tar.gz

tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open '/cygdrive/c/altera/15.0/embedded/host_tools/altera/preloader/uboot-socfpga.tar.gz' 

make: *** [uboot-socfpga/.untar] Error 1

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Just to confirm, have you run the SoC EDS as admin? You can right click and select "Run as Admin".

The error pops up after the make often causes by the file is not accessible, thus you need to run the SoC EDS as admin.

If this does not fix the issue let me know.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any followup from your side?

Regards.

0 Kudos
AWan01
Partner

Hi,

I have run the SoC EDS as admin, but it doesn't work. I don't understand what happened, but another way seems to work for me.

Commet out lines 219/220 of the Makefile in the spl_bsp folder. 

# $(RM) $(PRELOADER_SRC_DIR)

# $(untar_recipe)  

Run  tar zxf /cygdrive/c/altera/15.0/embedded/host_tools/altera/preloader/uboot-socfpga.tar.gz

then executing the "make" command  from SoC EDS.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

It seems that the file is still in archive, that is the cause of the issue.

I recommend that you use the latest version of SOC EDS 18.1 std if you are using Cyclone V SoC.

0 Kudos