Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Are i40e driver version 2.4.6 and NVM FW version 7.0 compatible on Ethernet Controller XXV710 for 25GbE SFP28?

GVozz
Beginner

hi,

in our Cloud Environment for Fortville NICs we install the 2.4.6 version for i40e driver while the NVM FW version is the 6.0.2.

Recently we received set of new blades where the Ethernet Controller came with the FW version fw 7.0.50775 api 1.8 nvm 7.00 0x80004f26 1.2063.0.

In the dmesg we can see the following Warning at boot time:

The driver for the device detected a newer version of the NVM image than expected. Please install the most recent version of the network driver.

Still, we can see that the kernel ethernet interfaces are up and basic traffic tests looks ok but at the same time customer doesn't want to start real test activities until we are confident that there are not inter-working issue with this combination, that can appear at a later stage.

Is it possible to have your feedback on the matter?

Let me know what kind of logs do you need from the server.

I am providing lshw, lspci, dmesg, dmidecode, ethtool outputs.

br,

Giovanni

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi GVozz,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum.

We would love to check this for you. We just need to know if the adapter, that you have with the ethernet controller that you are reporting, is Intel branded or a Intel retail product?

Looking forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi GVozz,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

If there is still no response, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
GVozz
Beginner

hi AlfredS,

thanks for replying on this case.

I was actually informed that I should have opened on the IPS queue so I believe we can close/cancel this one.

Br,

Giovanni

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi GVozz,

Thank you for your response.

We will be closing this thread then.

Thank you for posting.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos