Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12602 Discussions

BSP Editor generate fails with VIC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I generated a qsys design with NIOS2 and a VIC (Vectored Interrupt Controller). 

I then created a NIOS2 application and bsp (used the small hello world template). 

The code compiles fine but I wanted to dig deeper into the interrupt handling code and then I noticed that in the drivers section of the bsp, the 'altera_vic_0_vector_tbl.S' file is empty which seemed strange. 

I ran the bsp editor and made sure all parameters made sense and then hit 'generate'. The result is an error message: 'TCL script "C:\altera\11.0\ip\altera\altera_vectored_interrupt_controller\top\callbacks.tcl vic_0 ..." error: expected integer but got "" 

Can anyone shed light on this? 

Thanks, Amit
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I ran into the same problem. 

It seems that interrupts and qsys don't live in harmony. 

I have a complex system which runs ok when using SOPC but when i create the same in qsys then i get tremendous interrupt related issues. 

I also wondered why the interrupt custom instruction has been discarded with qsys. 

I would recommend to post this issue as a support request to Altera. 

let me know any progress... 

regards
0 Kudos