Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

BSP Editor generate fails with VIC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I generated a qsys design with NIOS2 and a VIC (Vectored Interrupt Controller). 

I then created a NIOS2 application and bsp (used the small hello world template). 

The code compiles fine but I wanted to dig deeper into the interrupt handling code and then I noticed that in the drivers section of the bsp, the 'altera_vic_0_vector_tbl.S' file is empty which seemed strange. 

I ran the bsp editor and made sure all parameters made sense and then hit 'generate'. The result is an error message: 'TCL script "C:\altera\11.0\ip\altera\altera_vectored_interrupt_controller\top\callbacks.tcl vic_0 ..." error: expected integer but got "" 

Can anyone shed light on this? 

Thanks, Amit
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I ran into the same problem. 

It seems that interrupts and qsys don't live in harmony. 

I have a complex system which runs ok when using SOPC but when i create the same in qsys then i get tremendous interrupt related issues. 

I also wondered why the interrupt custom instruction has been discarded with qsys. 

I would recommend to post this issue as a support request to Altera. 

let me know any progress... 

regards