Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

BSP ::> SoCKit_SW_LAB_13.0 ::> DERIVED_RESET_ASSERT_HPS2FPGA: no such variable

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I get this error when trying to "generate" from BSP-editor as described in "SoCKit_SW_LAB_13.0" (exactly following guidelines...). 

This causes I cannot generate all the files I need like Makefile, preloader.ds and so on...(simply I do not see files visible on the screenshot of the doc). 

Any ideas/suggestion?? 

-antonioa
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Same problem here. I'm running Quartus-II v13.1 in Ubuntu 12.04. I'm not sure what this error means, and right now, I'm stumped on how to proceed.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I re-ran the BSP-editor on the "SoCKit_HW_Lab_13.0" project I had created (but which I compiled in Quartus 13.1) and the BSP-editor created all the files correctly. 

Not sure what this fixed...perhaps it's a Quartus versioning thing between files created in 13.0 versus 13.1?  

In any case, this solves it for now.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Probably too late to suggest but updating quartus from 13.0 to 13.1 worked for me.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I can do the HW lab correctly while using 13.1, but meet with problems while doing the SW lab. I work on WINDOWS-7.