Actualy I’m using hardware card based on Cyclone 10LP FPGA for my project.
I'm using to try to develop a small test program. on the platform designer i used the "Serial Flash Controller Intel FPGA IP" to boot from EPCS16.
I create the .sof file and .hex files as detailed in the manuals and program the flash with a .jic file (As mode), the FPGA appears to configure correctly (blinking of led) but no sign that the NIOS is running. I already look on the forums the similar problem and I followed your advice but no solution.
Quartus : V 18.1 prime lite edition
FPGA : Cyc 10 LP
MSEL : Standard 011
epcs clk : 20 Mhz
NIOS clk : 90 Mhz
NIOS II Core : Nios II e
can you help me to solve this issue?
Hi, I am in a similar position, trying to boot from EPCQ memory. I tried this example you attached, but you haven't set the .text section to PERIPHERALS_EPCQ64_AVL_MEM. So this example doesn't apply for Execute-in-Place, is that correct?
Please test attached file.
- Select programming file type .jic
- Select flash device EPCS16
- Add flash device 10CL025Y
- Add sof file
- Add hex page and file
- Click on SOF data ->click properties ->select page=Page 0 and address mode=auto
- Click on .sof file ->properties ->enable compress option
- Click on HEX data->properties ->select relative address and set it =0x08000
- Click generate