Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Build Target for kernel fails

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have installed quartus sp1 and nios 2 and the microtronix linux version also on winNT ENVIRONMENT. 

I had previous quartus and nios versions installed in the system. 

When I tried to build the kernel target it gave me the following message: 

Kind Status Priority Description Resource In Folder Location 

Error .config: No such file or directory[/cygdrive/c/altera/kits/nios2/bin/eclipse/plugins/com.microtronix.nios2linux.kernel_0.1.4/linux-2.6.x/Makefile] kernel_1s10 line 405 

In the quickstart guide you have said that during configure kernel a DOS window will appear and that it will display some messages. 

I got a DOS window but it went of immediately. 

Also when i went through the building uClibc when i gave the command make menuconfig it gave the message gcc not found. 

Could you suggest me a solution.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi There, 

I am in the process of setting up an NT machine to troubleshoot the problems. I had forgotten how every time you move the mouse during the install WinNT needs to restart your computer so it&#39;s taken a bit more time than expected http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif  

Stay tuned... 

mike 

(microtronix)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is this resolved?

0 Kudos