Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Building design not from IDE?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello! 

I want to build design by some .bat file or from command line. 

Can I make it ? Or it possible only from IDE? 

I'm working in WINXP. 

If someone have example how I can do it, please write here. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Create the project from the IDE (it is possible from the command line, but I've never done it). Then just type make in the release or debug directory

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you've built the design once from the IDE then you should open up the Nios II shell, change to the Debug or Release directory and type `make -s`. 

If you want to do everything without the IDE then you'll need to use nios2-create-* to create the project and then nios2-build-project to build the ELF file from there. There are command line tools to download and debug from the command line available too.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can build projects that you have created from the IDE by running "make" from the command. To do this, open an SDK shell, change into the Debug or Release directory of your application project then run "make". 

If you also want to create a project from the command line, you can use the tools described in the "Altera Command-Line tools" section of Chaper 11 of the Nios II Software Developer's Handbook.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Looks like we were all falling over each other to answer your question http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Many thanks http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you are going to be running this alot I recommend scripting your commands (if you create a file with a ".sh" extension, you can copy your command lines into it and batch the process typing "bash <filename.sh>" I do this whenever I need to build a lot of projects, download hardware/code, and run a terminal at the same time.

0 Kudos