Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Can EPCQ16ASI8N completely replace EPCS16SI8N?

fwenb
Beginner

I used EPCQ16ASI8N to replace EPCS16SI8N, but I found out that I can't burn the program.I found in the datasheet that the structure of EPCS16SI8N is AS × 1, EPCQ16ASI8N has AS × 1 and AS × 4.The ordering code of EPCQ16 is only EPCQ16ASI8N. How do I judge the structure I bought?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

The EPCQ16 supports all the operations that the EPCS16 does. It will also work quite happily in x1 mode. So, yes - you should be able to use the EPCQ16 in place of your old EPCS16.

You don't say what tools/software you're using to program the device. The EPCQ and EPCS devices will have different identifiers. Some programmers - e.g. the nios-flash-programmer software - simply refuse to program a device whose identifier it doesn't recognise.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
fwenb
Beginner

I use Quartus II to program the device. I see that there is a way to enable the Disable EPCS/EPCQ ID check option in guidance, but the software used is Quartus Prime. How do I use Quartus II to block ID checks?

Thank you for your help.

Tom

0 Kudos
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

You have to disable the check via the 'Convert Programming Files...' window. Click on the 'Advanced' button.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
fwenb
Beginner

I have been able to burn normally.

Thank you for your hrlp.

Tom

0 Kudos