Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12410 Discussions

Can I use same EDS ARM license on dual boot system?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I bought a Cyclone V SoC DevKit and installed the EDS tools on my Windows 7 system, including the ARM license that came with the kit. I have been using the tools successfully for a couple of months, but now I am finding that some utilities, at least in some examples, are better developed in a Linux environment. So I installed Ubuntu on the same system (dual boot). Can I use the same license, since it is the same system with the same NIC, etc? I want to use EDS in both OSs, because I will need to run some Windows based tools as I develop the Linux app. I installed the EDS under Ubuntu, and after launch, it is asking about adding licenses, etc. Does anyone know how to proceed? 

Thanks 

--John
0 Kudos
0 Replies