Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12434 Discussions

Can altera rozip_fs act on EPCS?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, i need your help for this: 

I'm trying to run a web server on a system running ucOSII on a CIII FPGA which instaties NIOSII+ EPCS controller. I followed the web server template provided by NIOS SBT. By default the template expect that a flash memory is connected to the system but not an EPCS trough the controller. I passed trough the problems regarding the ro_zipfs.zip storage int he EPCS, this means I'm sure that it is stored were I wanted to (offset 0x400000 in a EPCS64). The problem is that when the web server task tries to look for a file trough fopen(), it doesn't succed. I thought rozips driver must be changed to access EPCS, and tried to do so modifying "read_word()" and "read_half_word()" functions in <bsp>/drivers/src/alt_ro_zipfs. It didn't have any effect, but It seems to me that that driver is not used at run-time. I mean that putting some printf() in "read_word()" e "read_half_word()" anything is printed to the console.  

I would ask you to help to understand so I have some questions: 

1) Is it possible that the OS uses a different code to access rozips except from "altera_ro_zipfs.c" ? 

2) Is it possible that at runtime executing "altera_ro_zip_fs.c" driver fuctions like printf() or other driver like "altera_avalon_epcs_flash_comtroller.c" accesses are ignored or deprecated or I don't know what but for sure not correctly executed? 

Thanks a lot to every one for any advise.
0 Kudos
0 Replies