When setting up the debug configuration for a NIOS-II project (compiles file, project has a name...) - I can't make the Project Name drop down box on the debug configuration fill with anything. I've tried up/down arrow, tab, etc. The elf file is ok (set that manually), the USB Blaster is recognized; if I do a jtagconfig -n it shows the USB-Blaster and NIOS-II cores; so all of that looks good.
But the debugger is never enabled because I can't set the project name.
I've read all I can find; other than having a valid project that builds OK - I can't find anything in the docs that immediately addresses difficulty in setting the Project Name for a NIOS-II Hardware debug configuration.
Thanks In Advance,
Quartus version is 18.104.22.1685
I've resolved that problem - was pointing to the wrong directory.
Now - I can seem to get the jtagserver to start. jtagserver --install seemed to work (running as admin) - but jtagserver --start times out.
Running the diag tool for the cyc1000 board:
Arrow USB Programmer2 Diagnostic Program V1.1
Reading version info.
- Operating system version number is 10.0.17763.
- Quartus version is 22.214.171.1245.
Searching programmer hardware.
- Arrow USB Programmer2 AR2E3I3D found.
Reading registry entries for programmer DLL.
- Successful. TCK frequency is 20.000.000 Hz.
Searching programmer DLL.
- Successful. Programmer DLL installed properly.
Checking Altera JTAG server service.
- JTAG Server is installed but not running.
- Error. Wait timed out after sending start request.
Reading registry entries for FTDI driver configuration settings.
- Successful. FTDI driver configuration settings are OK.
Total errors: 1
Hit any key to exit program.
Any clues on this?