Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Can't get nios2-flash-programmer working on Linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am having a problem programming my Linux image into the flash of a Cyclone III FPGA. 

I am using the Nios2EDS (version 11.1) tools on a Ubuntu host, building a uClinux image for my Nios2-based design. The tools all work fine with one exception.  

When I go to use the flash programmer, I get the following: 

$nios2-flash-programmer --mmu --verbose --base=0x0 linux.flash --mmu option was set true, FLASH virtual address is base + offset of 0xC0000000 Using cable "USB-Blaster ", device 1, instance 0x00 Resetting and pausing target processor: FAILED Leaving target processor paused I have been having this problem since Nios2EDS 9.1. The nios2-configure-sof and nios2-download commands work fine. I can program the .pof without an issue and the 'linux.flash' image works fine when programmed by my Windows box. 

Every other nios2- tool works on the Linux box. If I run the exact same command from the Nios2 Command Shell on Windows, everything works fine and my hardware boots. 

Does anyone have a clue what is happening differently on my Linux host? 

Thanks, 

Dave ...
0 Kudos
0 Replies