Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

Can't program NIOS-II, but only in a particular Quartus project (Downloading ELF Process failed)

David15
Beginner
I'm trying to program a NIOS-II economy on a MAX10 FPGA via Quartus Lite 20.1 and Eclipse Mars.2 4.5.2, but when I do so it pops up an error message saying "Downloading ELF Process failed" and then my C++ code does not run on my FPGA. Poking around, it seems like this is a memory issue, and the console briefly says "Verify failed between address 0x8000000 and 0x80025A3," which corresponds to my sdram at a base address of 0x8000000. Yet, my sdram is connected correctly. I know this because I'm using the same platform designer file that works in a separate Quartus project and nothing relating to sdram was changed (I just removed the PIOs and re-added some new ones for the new project). Beyond this, I do not know why it's not working. I can share any specific relevant files from this project, but I'm not sure which file(s) are relevant here, so please let me know what I should post. I can also privately share the entire project with an Intel employee, e.g. to reproduce this issue, if that would be helpful.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
praveenkumar
Beginner

hi david ,i met with the sameproblem .

have u solved  it.