Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12437 Discussions

Checking sdram contents after verify error when downloading

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have written my own sdram-controller which addresses a sdram with the memory-range from 0x04000000 - 0x04ffffff. 

I have an original sdram-controller generated by the NIOS II software which addresses a sdram with the memory-range from 0x02000000 - 0x02ffffff.  

Both controllers are connected to the NIOS II processor programmed in the FPGA. 

When I run my program in the memory-range from 0x02000000 - 0x02ffffff everything works file.  

Simple testing then the sdram with the memory range from 0x04000000 - 0x04ffffff gives no errors. 

When I try to run my program in the memory-range from 0x04000000 - 0x04ffffff I got a verifying error when loading it into the sdram. 

Is there a way to check what has been loaded into the sdram from memory-locations 0x04000000 - 0x04ffffff. 

I tried to use nios2-download but there are no options to read data from sdram-locations. I think it can only download data to sdram. 

Does somebody have some idea how I could check the contents of the sdram. 

Regards, 

WMO
0 Kudos
0 Replies