Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Code simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello every body; 

how I can run a code in eclipse as a local c/c++ code, as I haven't a development kit in my class, and i want to run and debug my code offline. 

if there are any other simulation way. please tell me a bout. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can verify your code using NIOS II Modelsim option. If you want to verify your vhdl/verilog code then you can write test bench and verify it using simulator like Modelsim,NC Sim etc.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks MR.zoomkrupesh for your attention, 

I have already tried to run my code project as modelsim, but the operation not completed and paused at the 57% from its progress, I simply want to see the "hello world" of my project on the screen, do you have any solution to me but with some details please. 

Thanks.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Would you please provide my your reference design?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I use the simple "Hello World" template example, did you mean by the reference design the .sopc info file.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I was asking about your Qsys or SOPC design. Anyway, I assume that your Qsys or SOPC design contains NIOSII CPU,JTAG UART and ONCHIP Memory(for both program and data memory). 

Have you selected enable_sim_optimize option under BSP Editor Setting? If not select it.(project name_bsp->right click->NIOSII->BSP Editor->select check box). 

Once Modelsim compiles all the files(it will do this automatically),type run -all command in transcript window.After 2-3 Minute it should display "Hello from NIOS II" in Modelsim transcript window. 

I am able to run hello_world program successfully after following the steps mentioned above.