Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Communication between arm hps and fpga slave

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everybody, 

I need to transfer data from arm to fpga on a Cyclone V 5CSXFC6D6F31C6. 

I'm trying with a little test program, I've a simple peripheral in FPGA connected to the 4 leds and mapped in the hps memory space. I finally managed to write and read data from it from a C program running on ARM, using mmap() to map the device in the program virtual space. This is a peaky approach, I've seen several tutorials using hps library and functions, but I cannot figure out how I can use them (which compiler I have to use? which include path? wich... I don't know?!). 

Any help would be really appreciate, 

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi everybody, 

I need to transfer data from arm to fpga on a Cyclone V 5CSXFC6D6F31C6. 

I'm trying with a little test program, I've a simple peripheral in FPGA connected to the 4 leds and mapped in the hps memory space. I finally managed to write and read data from it from a C program running on ARM, using mmap() to map the device in the program virtual space. This is a peaky approach, I've seen several tutorials using hps library and functions, but I cannot figure out how I can use them (which compiler I have to use? which include path? wich... I don't know?!). 

Any help would be really appreciate, 

Thank you in advance. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello,This maybe help for you.https://zhehaomao.com/blog/fpga/2013/12/27/sockit-3.html《Exploring the Arrow SoCKit Part III》
0 Kudos