Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

Compile ATLAS_SOC_GHRD with QP 16.1.2 (203), Win 10 x64, ARM tool chain (on cygwin)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I have a DE0-NANO, and had fun with it.  

Now I try DE0-NANO-SoC,  

End goal would be to complete development of Linux Driver as described here (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/ws3developingdriversforalterasoclinux) (WS3 Developing Drivers for Altera SoC Linux) 

As I don't know much where to start. I went to rocketboards.org > getting started > atlas soc, And do compile hardware and preloader with ARM toolchain (cygwin) for win 10 x64 as described here (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/atlassoccompilehardwaredesign) using "gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q1-update-win32.exe" from ARM website 

Think is that the tutorial is for QP 15, and I have QP 16.1 (And prefer avoid downgrade).  

Seems to work not bad, but few errors and finally crash. 

It tells a known issue is that the Stratix support should be installed for the compilation to work. But as I have little budget and only QP lite edition, I can't install stratix support... Maybe also the crash is not related to that.  

Ok, a bit lost. Thanks for advice to set up my dev tool chain to be able to play with HPS + FPGA.  

(let me know if missing information or details here)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am pretty sure that you can use QP lite edition + Cyclone V device only (without Stratix) - have been using this configuration without any issue so far.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Sunshine,  

Thanks for the answer, will keep investigating what's happening.  

Will post news here or on my page when moving forward / updates.
0 Kudos