Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Compile ATLAS_SOC_GHRD with QP 16.1.2 (203), Win 10 x64, ARM tool chain (on cygwin)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I have a DE0-NANO, and had fun with it.  

Now I try DE0-NANO-SoC,  

End goal would be to complete development of Linux Driver as described here (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/ws3developingdriversforalterasoclinux) (WS3 Developing Drivers for Altera SoC Linux) 

As I don't know much where to start. I went to rocketboards.org > getting started > atlas soc, And do compile hardware and preloader with ARM toolchain (cygwin) for win 10 x64 as described here (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/atlassoccompilehardwaredesign) using "gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q1-update-win32.exe" from ARM website 

Think is that the tutorial is for QP 15, and I have QP 16.1 (And prefer avoid downgrade).  

Seems to work not bad, but few errors and finally crash. 

It tells a known issue is that the Stratix support should be installed for the compilation to work. But as I have little budget and only QP lite edition, I can't install stratix support... Maybe also the crash is not related to that.  

Ok, a bit lost. Thanks for advice to set up my dev tool chain to be able to play with HPS + FPGA.  

(let me know if missing information or details here)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am pretty sure that you can use QP lite edition + Cyclone V device only (without Stratix) - have been using this configuration without any issue so far.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Sunshine,  

Thanks for the answer, will keep investigating what's happening.  

Will post news here or on my page when moving forward / updates.