Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Compile a makefile using arm-linux-gnueabihf compiler

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have downloaded SoC EDS tool which includes DS-5 as well. However, I have been trying to compile the simple "Hello world" but it does not compile and make it. I want to put this into my DE1 SoC FPGA Cyclone V board which run liunx. when I put the command $make it gives me this error: 

make: *** no rule to make target 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-' , needed by 'my-first-hps' . Stop. 

this is the make file: 

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

TARGET = my_first_hps 

CROSS_COMPILE = arm-linux-gnueabihf-  

CFLAGS= -g -Wall -l ${SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT}/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include 

LDFLAGS= -g -Wall 

CC=$(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc 

ARCH=arm 

build:$(TARGET) 

$(TARGET):main.o $(CC)$(LDFLAGS) $^ -o $@ 

%.o: %.c $(CC)$(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@ 

.PHONY:clean 

clean: rm -f $(TARGET)*.a.*o*~# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

thanks for any help
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! I know this is an old post, but I had the same issue some weeks ago so I think it may be useful for someone to have here the solution.  

The problem here is this line: 

build:$(TARGET) 

As far as I know, when you run the command "make" in DS-5, what it really does is to run the command "make all", so the compiler looks for the label "all" into the Makefile. In this Makefile, this label does not exist, and that's because you ended up with that error. 

So, to fix this problem you only have to change the label "build" by the label "all" and it should work fine.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

it didnt work with this solution what can I do  

My operating system is windows I use the shell commend  

Linux is just in My sd card in fpga.