Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Compile the AppWeb Webserver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey, 

i'm actually trying to compile and run the AppWeb Webserver with the uClinux distribution and the ArriaGX II Dev Kit. I followed some Guides in the Altera Wiki to compile the uClinux and successfully run it on the ArriaGX II. Then I customized the Application and Library Settings and added the AppWeb Webserver. But now the make process ends with the following error: 

make: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/nios/Projects/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user/appWeb' make.dep:12: config.make: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden make: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »conf/make.os.«, benötigt von »make.os«, zu erstellen. Schluss. make: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/nios/Projects/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user/appWeb' 

translation: 

make: enter directory '/home/nios/Projects/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user/appWeb' make.dep:12: config.make: file or directory not found make: *** No rule available to make target »conf/make.os.«, used by »make.os«. end. make: leave directory '/home/nios/Projects/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user/appWeb' 

I also tried to compile the AppWeb separately. The build process was successful but if i try to start the AppWeb the following error occurs: 

root:/bin/appweb/bin> ./appweb start sh: syntax error: unexpected $ 

I'm really at a loss with this. Can anyone help me? 

greetings Bergmann89. 

Wiki Links: 

alterawiki.com/wiki/UClinux 

alterawiki.com/wiki/InstallNios2Linux
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I also tried to compile the AppWeb separately. The build process was successful but if i try to start the AppWeb the following error occurs: 

root:/bin/appweb/bin> ./appweb start sh: syntax error: unexpected $ 

I'm really at a loss with this. 

--- Quote End ---  

My guess is that appweb is a shell script that expects the shell to be bash, and you're using sash or hush.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

the uClinux comes with busybox. I'm not sure, but i think it uses 'hush'. I found another guide, which i tried: appwebserver.org/products/appweb/doc.2/guide/appweb/source/packages.html but it ends with the same error as above. There must be any way, to get it work... 

greetings Bergmann.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello community, 

I'm also trying to compile the *altera-delivered* "appWeb". After some adjustments (thanks to ykozlov for pointing to the right direction) I'm running into the same error like Bergmann89 did: 

make: enter directory '/home/nios/Projects/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user/appWeb' make.dep:12: config.make: file or directory not found make: *** No rule available to make target »conf/make.os.«, used by »make.os«. end. make: leave directory '/home/nios/Projects/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user/appWeb' 

Looking into the according Makefile under "...\appWeb\mpr\UNIX\" and regarding the above error message I assume that the Makefile has not been implemented. 

Due to I don't have much knowledge about this whole Makefile-stuff it's very frustrating at this point. 

Is there anybody out there who can give some advice or even better provide a correct Makefile for this app? 

I think this server-app is a very cool tool to provide dynamic webpages, using server-side JavaScript and PHP on uClinux. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Cheers! 

guinea