Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

Compiler is happy with stdint.h, but not uint16_t etc

DiBosco
Novice

Is anyone able to tell me why (in Quartus 16's NIOS), although I can happily include stdint.h  and the compiler doesn't bat an eyelid, it refuses to accept uint16_t, uint32_t etc etc exist?

AFAIK it uses gcc, so it should be happy with it. I use this all the time on ARMs which also use gcc.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @DiBosco,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
I believe you are hitting on to a compilation error, if I misunderstand the situation, it would be a great help if you are able to provide a screenshot of the error and the C codes files if convenient.

As to use the variable type uint16_t, would suggest to try and include the inttypes.h, and I believe that should work.
Please do try and let us know if problem still persist.

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
DiBosco
Novice
0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @DiBosco,

Good to know that it is working now, we would be closing the thread. If you have further queries, Please do post a response in the next 15 days.
After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Warm Regards
BB

0 Kudos