Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Connect Pixelbuffer and Charbuffer with Alpha Blender-char buffer no output

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I try to connect the pixelbuffer and the charbuffer by using the alpha blender, to display something on my tft. 

If I am programming in Nios and give Pixelbuffer some Data, everything is fine, but it seems to be that char-buffer is not working. (I see no Characters on the screen) 

Has anybody an idea?  

(I used the media pc and got the same result...) 

Greets 

example code:# include <stdio.h># include <altera_up_sd_card_avalon_interface.h># include "system.h"# include <altera_up_avalon_video_pixel_buffer_dma.h> 

//#include "altera_avalon_pio_regs.h"# include "math.h"# include "system.h"# include "altera_avalon_pio_regs.h"# include "altera_up_avalon_video_character_buffer_with_dma.h"# include "altera_up_avalon_video_character_buffer_with_dma_regs.h" 

int main (){ 

alt_up_pixel_buffer_dma_dev *pixel_buffer=NULL; 

alt_up_char_buffer_dev *char_buffer=NULL; 

int er=0; 

int count=0; 

int color=240; 

double delay=0; 

int a=0; 

int x=0; 

int y=0; 

pixel_buffer=alt_up_pixel_buffer_dma_open_dev("/dev/video_pixel_buffer_dma_0");  

char_buffer=alt_up_char_buffer_open_dev("/dev/video_character_buffer_with_dma_0") ; 

if(char_buffer==NULL) printf("Wrong Device!"); 

if(char_buffer!=NULL) printf("Right Device!"); 

a=alt_up_char_buffer_draw(char_buffer,25,x,y); 

alt_up_pixel_buffer_dma_draw_box (pixel_buffer, 0, 0, 319, 239, 200,  

return 0; 

}
0 Kudos
0 Replies