Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

Copying projects to another PC. BSP has absolute paths

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to get a handle on how to clone my project and make it build on another PC.  

But I see that my NIOS BSP uses absolute paths to access the sopc info file. Simply changing the filename in the make file wouldn't work 

How do I copy a complete project along with its NIOS projects and make sure it works in another system? 

Thanks 

Zubair 

p.s. using Quartus 12 + NIOS SBT 12..
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can fix the absolute path to the .sopcinfo file by manually editing the XML file (settings.bsp). You are looking for the "<SopcDesignFile>" element, about 10 lines down from the top. Just change it to be a relative path. 

The settings.bsp is the only file you actually need to copy as far as BSP files; then on each fresh PC you need to "generate" the BSP again.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Changing makefile and settings.bsp both worked. 

Thanks! 

Zubair
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Changing makefile and settings.bsp both worked. 

Thanks! 

Zubair 

--- Quote End ---  

There is another good way to solve this problem.  

First regenerate bsp. 

Then in application project Index -> rebuild. 

Then build project. 

And then run this on hardware. 

Re-indexing detects the relative current paths of the files related to the project. 

Similar is the case when you regenerate your new/modified Qsys system. Same procedure.
0 Kudos