Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Creating Multicore system using NIOS2 command shell

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have created a multicore system and downloaded the .sof file on the DE1 board using bios command shell. Now i am trying to create th ebsp using command "nios2-bsp $BSP_TYPE $BSP_DIR $SOPC_DIR --cpu-name $CPU_NAME" 

but i am facing the below error: 

SEVERE: the absolute address 0x100 does not reference a device in the master group: core0_0_nios2_qsys_0. 

Please suggest
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Can anyone suggest on the issue..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I also tried ceating software using NIOS SBT for Eclipse using GUI.  

When I import the .sopcinfo file and process further, it says "Failed to execute: ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name core_top --no-make". 

Need Help. Please suggest.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello I have solved the issue and issue was with the addressing of peripherals in Qsys. 

Now, I have been hardly trying to run the 3 cores simultaneously but I am not able to do so. 

I have 3 cores and i just programmed the three cores to continuously print "Hello World" with some delay. When I download code in 1st core, it starts printing successfully. But when I do it for 2nd core, the 1st core stops printing. Why is it so. 

Ideally, 1st core should print as soon 2nd core is done printing once. 

I have managed the timing to print so that they don't overlap while printing the same time. 

Help is really appreciated
0 Kudos