Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Creating Multicore system using NIOS2 command shell

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have created a multicore system and downloaded the .sof file on the DE1 board using bios command shell. Now i am trying to create th ebsp using command "nios2-bsp $BSP_TYPE $BSP_DIR $SOPC_DIR --cpu-name $CPU_NAME" 

but i am facing the below error: 

SEVERE: the absolute address 0x100 does not reference a device in the master group: core0_0_nios2_qsys_0. 

Please suggest
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Can anyone suggest on the issue..
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I also tried ceating software using NIOS SBT for Eclipse using GUI.  

When I import the .sopcinfo file and process further, it says "Failed to execute: ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name core_top --no-make". 

Need Help. Please suggest.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello I have solved the issue and issue was with the addressing of peripherals in Qsys. 

Now, I have been hardly trying to run the 3 cores simultaneously but I am not able to do so. 

I have 3 cores and i just programmed the three cores to continuously print "Hello World" with some delay. When I download code in 1st core, it starts printing successfully. But when I do it for 2nd core, the 1st core stops printing. Why is it so. 

Ideally, 1st core should print as soon 2nd core is done printing once. 

I have managed the timing to print so that they don't overlap while printing the same time. 

Help is really appreciated