Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

[Cyclone 5 (Ref 5csema6u23i7) - HPS] Does PL390 Generic Interrupt Controller support TrustZone security extension?

KChap
Beginner

Hello,

After reading the Cyclone 5 Hard Processor System Technical Reference Manual, I managed to find that the Interrupt controller supported is the PL390 Generic Interrupt Controller (GICv1 architecture). However, I was not able to find if the PL390 GIC supports the TrustZone security extensions for enabling secure interrupts.

Can someone confirm that the PL390 GIC implemented in the Cyclone 5 platform support the security extensions or not?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MelvinSwee_T_Intel

Hi,

I am reviewing all the open questions on the forums and found this thread of yours. I apologize that no one seems to answer this question that you posted. Since it has been a few days since you posted this question, I am wondering if you have found the answer? If not, I can assign someone to assist you. Let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Melvin

0 Kudos
KChap
Beginner

Hi Melvin,

Unfortunately, I was not able to find an answer related to my question about TrustZone security extensions support in the PL390 Generic Interrupt Controller on the Cyclone V HPS.

It will be very appreciated if you can assign someone to help me on this topic .

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Kevin,

I am working on this now, will reply to you ASAP.

Regards.

0 Kudos
KChap
Beginner

Hello,

Do you have any findings to share?

Thank you.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Kevin,

I find some documents describes how ALTERA SoC supports the trust-Zone security, I hope this can help you.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ab/ab09_soc_fpga.pdf

0 Kudos
KChap
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, this document only explains the configuration of a secure memory region with TrustZone, while I'm looking for more information about the support of secure interrupts in the PL390 Generic Interrupt Controller implemented on the Cyclone V SoC.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Actually I cannot find a document that totally confirm that the PL390 Generic Interrupt Controller supports TrustZone security extension. I think it should be supporting but I cannot confirm this.

0 Kudos