Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Cyclone 5 pcie example project failure

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm new in altera world. My first board is cyclone 5 soc development board. I'm interested in pcie applications. From rocket board side, I found an example project but I couldn't compile it.  

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/projects/pcierootportwithmsi -- it is source of the project 

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/pub/projects/pcierootport/cv_soc_pcie_rp.pdf -- project tutorial 

First of all, I get some messages because of the ip compatibility and warned me to upgrade. I mark the automatic upgrade to the project but it failed after the process. 

file:///C:/Users/herdinc/Downloads/Fpga_qsys/fpga_qsys/cv_soc_rp_simplified_design//pcie_rp_ed_5csxfc6.ipregen.rpt -- this is error file of this failure 

How can I solve the problem and succesfully program my device? 

Thank you very much in advence, 

herdinc
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The ip compatibility is most likely due to different version of Quartus (used for creating the project) and the one in your PC. If you open Qsys and regenerate the qsys design, then you should see that the warning goes away when you are compiling it in Quartus.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Sunshine, 

I have tried this attempt but it couldn't regenerate qsys at the project too. It still gives me errors  

ERROR MESSAGE 

--------------- 

Error: alt_xcvr_reconfig_0: couldn't open "filelist.csv": no such file or directory 

while executing 

"open "$csvfile" r" 

invoked from within 

"set fh [open "$csvfile" r]" 

(procedure "parse_filelist_from_csv_report" line 2) 

invoked from within 

"parse_filelist_from_csv_report $csvfile" 

invoked from within 

"set filelist [parse_filelist_from_csv_report $csvfile]" 

(procedure "::alt_xcvr::utils::ipgen::ipgenerate" line 24) 

invoked from within 

"::alt_xcvr::utils::ipgen::ipgenerate $filepath $filename $fileset $arglist" 

invoked from within 

"set filelist [::alt_xcvr::utils::ipgen::ipgenerate $filepath $filename $fileset $arglist]" 

(procedure "xreconf_generate_qsys_soc" line 10) 

invoked from within 

"xreconf_generate_qsys_soc QUARTUS_SYNTH" 

(procedure "fileset_quartus_synth" line 2) 

invoked from within 

"fileset_quartus_synth alt_xcvr_reconfig" 

Error: Generation stopped, 32 or more modules remaining 

Error: ip-generate failed with exit code 1: 2 Errors, 4 Warnings 

---------------- 

It couldn't generate the qysys by hand too. 

I couldn't find any suggest related with this . What can be the meaning?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

May I know if you are doing this on Linux or Windows, and what version of Quartus? Are you using the free (lite edition) or the subscription edition?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi Sunshine, 

I'm studying on altera 15 web edition in windows 7. I have still the same problem. I couldn't solve it 

Thank you in advence,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have rebbuilt the qsys and then regenerate the HDL. On the other hand, I get still the same error.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Unfortunately, I am not really sure what could be the root cause of your issue. I have a slightly different setup (Quartus 16.0 lite version, Windows 10) - from the design downloaded the link below: 

https://releases.rocketboards.org/release/2015.10/pcie-ed/hw/ 

I manage to open Qsys and run "Generate HDL.." successfully for both the full design and the simple design (no modification was done on either .qsys file). I chose the HDL design files as "Verilog" and Simulation Model as "None". 

Just to confirm, you did install Quartus in its default directory right?
0 Kudos