Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Cyclone V GX starter kit, can not write to micro SD card

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am trying the Cyclone V GX Starter kit's SD card examples. The SD card FAT32 reading was perfect.  

However, it really surprised me that Terasic's example code do not support WRITING。  

The HAL driver layer has functions for writing such as SD_CMD24, SDLIB_WriteBlock512. 

I tried to use these lib function to write a block to SD cards. I tried many micro SD card, either return error code "CMD24 NG" or no error code but nothing changed.  

Has anybody succeed to write to SD using Terasic's lib? 

I also tried the FAT16 Unviersity Plan SPI SD card code, and failed even to read.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have the same problem, I didn't find a way to write the SD-Card. Did you find a solution? 

Thank you in advance. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all, 

I am trying the Cyclone V GX Starter kit's SD card examples. The SD card FAT32 reading was perfect.  

However, it really surprised me that Terasic's example code do not support WRITING。  

The HAL driver layer has functions for writing such as SD_CMD24, SDLIB_WriteBlock512. 

I tried to use these lib function to write a block to SD cards. I tried many micro SD card, either return error code "CMD24 NG" or no error code but nothing changed.  

Has anybody succeed to write to SD using Terasic's lib? 

I also tried the FAT16 Unviersity Plan SPI SD card code, and failed even to read. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos