Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

Cyclone V SOC WS-3 linux device driver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello All, 

I am using Cyclone V from Terasic Soc kit and now trying to make driver for Hps to FPGA bridge. 

I have Quartus and SOCEDS 15.0.  

I have started with Workshop 3 from rocketboard. https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/ws3developingdriversforalterasoclinux 

So, I download image, set ENVIRONMENT variable. 

After that I try to execute first example which is lab_module. 

So basically I create KBUILD file, make file and after that While, I am trying to executete Make file I got error: makefile:2 *** OUT_DIR is undefined, bad environment. you point OUT_DIR to the linux kernel build ouutput Directory & stop.(PFA) 

Basically I am not able to execute make and it seems to be compilation error, and I am not able to build the kernel module.  

I already cross check environmental variable, its: 

export ARCH=arm; (for ARM achitecture) 

export CROSS_COMPILE= <path-to>/toolchain/arm-linux-gnueabihf (cross compiler toolchain) 

export OUT_DIR=<path-to>/socfpga-3.10-ltsi (linux kernel source tree) 

Could any one help me to solve this?
0 Kudos
0 Replies