Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

Cyclone V Soc Eclipse Compile Errors

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am attempting to compile the Altera-Cyclone-V_RAM example project but get the error: 

C9932E: Cannot obtain license for Compiler (feature altera_compiler5) with license version >= 5.0201305 

I installed QuartusII Web Edition, v13.1, the Cyclone V SX, SOC Development Kit, and Eclipse DS-5 Altera Edition. Even when I create a new "Hello World" project, I get the same error message. I have a perpetual ARM license for this installation. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you and regards 

Spencer Ruggles
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have exactly the same problem ... but no idea how to solve it. 

Anybody there who could help? 

Best regards 

Juergen
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

All 

The license provided with your Altera Cyclone V Development Board is a "debug" licenses only. This license will not allow you to compile code. To compile code, download a 30-day subscription. This resolved my issue.  

Also, installing tools on drives other than where the OS resides causes strange failures. I installed the Quartus tools on C:\ while $XPHOME was on I:\. The compile failed. However, when I installed the Quartus tools on I:\, my BSP compiled properly.
0 Kudos