Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

Cyclone V Soc Eclipse Compile Errors

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am attempting to compile the Altera-Cyclone-V_RAM example project but get the error: 

C9932E: Cannot obtain license for Compiler (feature altera_compiler5) with license version >= 5.0201305 

I installed QuartusII Web Edition, v13.1, the Cyclone V SX, SOC Development Kit, and Eclipse DS-5 Altera Edition. Even when I create a new "Hello World" project, I get the same error message. I have a perpetual ARM license for this installation. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you and regards 

Spencer Ruggles
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have exactly the same problem ... but no idea how to solve it. 

Anybody there who could help? 

Best regards 

Juergen
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

All 

The license provided with your Altera Cyclone V Development Board is a "debug" licenses only. This license will not allow you to compile code. To compile code, download a 30-day subscription. This resolved my issue.  

Also, installing tools on drives other than where the OS resides causes strange failures. I installed the Quartus tools on C:\ while $XPHOME was on I:\. The compile failed. However, when I installed the Quartus tools on I:\, my BSP compiled properly.