Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Cyclone V - VCCBAT voltage if not using volatile key (3.3V?)

RTL_One
Beginner

I'm not using security volatile key and the Cyclone V pin connection guidelines say to connect VCCBAT to 1.5V, 2.5V, or 3.0V in order to exit POR. However, the Cyclone V datasheet (table 2) lists the absolute max voltage for VCCBAT as 3.9V. Since I only have 1.1V and 3.3V available (without adding another regulator) I would like to connect to 3.3V. Is this acceptable?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

we cannot guarantee on the performance and reliability of the device if you operate the devices above the maximum recommenced operating rating.

VCCBAT should be powered with voltage range as listed in the device datasheet.

However we can use the regulator.

Regards.

Anand

0 Kudos
RTL_One
Beginner

Thanks Anand, I have added a 2.5V regulator in accordance with the guidlines.

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Hello ,

I would like to give you some information about absolute maximum rating before answer your question .

The section is absolute maximum rating means " the device can tolerate not operate at". Stress above the absolute maximum rating can cause the permanent damage to the device. Hence this is stress rating only not the operating rating of the devices. .

Now answer to your question : NO ...I agree with Anand completely.

" Intel cannot guarantee on the performance and reliability of the device if you operate the devices above the maximum recommenced operating rating"

Thank you ,

Regards.,

Sree

0 Kudos
RTL_One
Beginner

Thanks Sree, I appreciate your input here.

0 Kudos